BTU story ideas…just throwing things out there…

Front Page Forums Game Development Story BTU story ideas…just throwing things out there…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sm4sh3r
    Participant

I thought I’d just share some ideas. If these can help others, then all’s good.

I was thinking about our game’s story(line), and while it has been a while since I read a good book, I was just struggling with what the actual theme for our game would be. Now, we want something epic so what is the theme we are going to use? Isn’t “good vs evil” the most basic and common of themes? Is there another theme we could use? No, I guess the most basic theme has to be that.

But what other themes overlay this? Most good books/stories have multiple levels and often interacting themes/plot lines that interweave to make a compelling story. I hope we can make a storyline like that.

Anyways, with our characters, what is the impetus to start our story off? Besides using prose to describe a unique world and realism of that world to transport the reader into it, we need to have something that starts the character off in a direction to make/continue the story.

Ugh…ramblings.

Nanotechnology…prions…nanoprions?

Is that possible? Just as protein fragments can cause a disease, it is possible to have nanotech…say quantum computing level nanotech…that can self-organize and then self-replicate?

Yeah, I think this can work (logically and technologically).

So, what does this nanotech do? How is this, if it is, related to or connected to the Shiv? To Shiva?
    Meh. I have to figure this out.
    Hmm, what else?

Well, let us see if this edit time out is disabled or not…bb in a few to edit this…maybe…

Hmm, OK, there is one thing I can do after dinner…change the time stamp.
    Or should I leave it at GMT?

And damn those tags…the format is all messed up. Is it my browser or is it the theme? No, it is the theme. Ugh…another issue to find a way to fix.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I fixed the edit time limit thing.

K, that is sort of working. Not perfect but at least there is some functionality and it should do.

Now to set up the format to make it easy for people to post…try to keep everything as organized as possible so that we can be more productive and keep up to date on progress.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by sm4sh3r.
    sm4sh3r
    Participant

Well, didn’t get much time to do too much thinking about the story…but did manage to mentally see that there is some potential to this.

On a side note, I am surprised that someone didn’t catch my mistake during the story meeting on 9/21/2021.

I said that we were going to make this game tech based, ala Star Trek, and less “mystical” like Star Wars.

Everyone missed that I added prions to the list of subatomic particles. Actually, I’m surprised that Entium didn’t catch that.

Anyways, the prion idea seems to work…but on the likes of nanomachine fragments that are incomplete on their own but the fragments can reorganize to fully formed, self-replicating, and intelligent nanomachines. This is not completely unlike prions which are protein fragments that can accumulate and cause problems. OK, the similarity is not the best. I’ll have to tweak it and make it better.

So, what do these nano-fragments do?
    I’m thinking that they have to also have or be imbued with technology that we don’t have yet….things that involve time, space, soul/life force.
    So, that is where it is gets hazy…the last two that are “mystical”. I have to figure out how to make this science.
    But, that may not be really necessary. We can make up names for it.
    Remember this is interdimensional stuff…the nanoparticle fragments are not even fully in our dimension (ergo why they are fragments, perhaps?).

OK, I like where this train of thought is going.
    I’ll have to spend some time following up on it.
    I’ll update this when I can.

EDIT: Ugh. I still have to think of main plot. I started on this but didn’t make much headway.
    Surely, it is “good vs. evil”…but in what way and how does the protagonist get involved/wrapped up in it?
    Right now, I’m leaning towards a “different world” that is dominated by Jalandara…and he uses the interdimensional nanomachine fragments to siphon off energy? life force? soul? from beings…for what purpose…hmm…power? To become interdimensional like other Shiv?
    Ok, some progress there but need to really nail this down.
    Again, need to figure out how the protagonist is involved in this.

Also, on a side note…I notice that every good story has multiple plot lines…what are the subplots we are going to have?
    Well, let’s work on one (the main one) first and see where we can take it before we get too far ahead of ourselves.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by sm4sh3r.
    sm4sh3r
    Participant

9/25/2021 cont’d

k, let’s see where we are…well, I’m tired now, so gonna go tan for a bit.
    Maybe I’ll come up with some ideas while in a lucid dream state…

That didn’t go as planned but it did give me some ideas.
    Protagonist…no history. Where did he come from? Don’t know.
    He is found by…some old guy (recurring character, Shiva?) and adopted.
    He is taken to an ashram to be taken care of. Hmm, not just an ashram but also a training school for martial arts.
    OK, that’s doable. So, who is the teacher/guru (sensei?) of this school?
    How integral to the storyline is he? Hmm, leave it for later.
    There is something here. I know it. I just can’t put my finger on it right now.
    This could be the “reason” to start the epic.
    Of course the whole thing is “ordained”…all planned by Shiva…but how much does the protagonist know at the beginning? Does he know it all or does he just follow the path of dharma and learn it bit by bit?

Do you smell that? or, Do you see that? Hmm, the berries (strawberries?) are out early this year. It’s going to be a great (beautiful?) summer.
    Is there anything to drink? Wine. Oh, not more wine…I’m practically brushing my teeth with wine. Yeah, well, when you are stuck in a wine cellar, you drink what you can get.
    Hmm, make it “vodka and wine”…and a liquor store they are stuck in?
    “I’m practically brushing my teeth with vodka”.

OK, this is not working. I’m going to have to completely rethink this.
    I have a better idea but I have to “feel it through” … see where and what it leads to.
    AND, I’m still having a problem with his Dea fits into all this.
    Who is she? Where does she come from? How does she stay in the storyline with the protagonist, Val?

9/26/2021

9/27/2021

9/28/2021
    Well, that was a few days of no updates.
    np…I made some progress on how to smooth the base story (cannonical history to the game).
    I’ll just explain it during the Story meeting today.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.